Saturday, November 14, 2009

This Is Where The Magic Happens




This is the tiny light-filled room that I work in since finishing my residency at the Odyssey Center for Ceramic Arts. I think it measures to be 8 x 8, enough space for someone whose work is rarely bigger than what can be held in one's hand. Of course, I am sometimes envious of the long, large work tables in the studios of my friends, but I am grateful for the wall of window, the soft winter sunset, and the fact that all I have to do is walk upstairs to get to work or check on how a piece is drying.


Its 30 days from today that I will set up my show at Eclipse Salon in downtown Asheville.

Here is what I have been working on:




I am feeling inspired by faberge eggs and Faberge birds.





little trees.




and so it goes. over and out.

2 comments: